Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Matar Paneer......

A funny thing happened with me the other day. We had been to an Indian restaurant and while browsing through the menu I realized I had made all the dishes at home. Palak paneer, Alu palak, Punjabi chole, Paneer jalfrezi....the list went on and on and for the first time in my life I felt like my mom. Mom would say it's useless to waste so many rupees on a simple dish in a restaurant when we can make it at home and it's much healthy too. Back then we used to get irritated when mom said this. We use to say "Zala hicha suru (she's started again)".

As a teenager, I was obsessed with eating out. Most of the times eating out would be Punjabi food. However, we used to end up ordering the same dishes again and again. Thinking back I realize that most of the veggies would be stale and there would be a heavy ghee layer floating in it.Now thinking little bit about calories I decided I will make matar paneer at home and finally I made one of my favorite Punjabi sabzi....Matar Paneer or Green peas with cottage cheese....

I know very well that majority of you all must have tried this one at home and would have been succesful in making it delicious but do try again this one with little bit of twist and adapted from sanjeev kapoor's khana khazana....Here is the one for you!

MATAR PANEER


Ingredients:

2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 medium sized onions finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
4 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt as per your taste
2 cup of water
1 cup frozen peas
15-20 cubes of paneer
1 tbsp of coriander paste
1 tbsp of lime juice
1 tsp garam masala or kitchen king masala
2-3 tbsp of fresh cream

Procedure:

1.Heat oil in a pan.Add cumin seeds to it.Fry till it gives out aroma and splutter.
2.Now add onions fry till golden brown.
3.Add ginger garlic paste.cook until its raw flavour is gone.
4.Add tomatoes.red chilly powder and coriander powder.
5.Now add turmeric,salt and cook for 2-3 mins.
6.Add water as per necessity and green peas also.
7.Finally add paneer cubes.
8.Mix everything carefully.
9.Now add coriander paste,lime juice and fresh cream.
10.lastly on top add garam masala and see how very nice it smells!

Hmm yummy...enjoy it with roti,paratha or naan.....so also do inform me after trying it...you will surely enjoy this mouth watering recipe....

sending this recipe to the following events:

a) Spotlight:curries/gravies..fabulous event by Chandrani and Indrani


b) Dish Name Starts with M event by akila....

1 comment:

  1. Never get bored of this dish,love simply with some rotis.

    ReplyDelete